History of the A. P. Taylor Trust

Albert Palmer Taylor

Mr A P Taylor born in Willesden in 1885 died in Hayes in 1952. He ran a successful Estate Agency Business in Hayes and was very active in the local community and in local politics.

In 1935 he was a founder member of the HAYES ROTARY CLUB. He served on many of its committees and was President in 1941/42. He took a great interest in International affairs leading him to visiting Rotary conferences in Europe and the USA.

He served as President of the Hayes and Harlington Chamber of Commerce. He was also a well known Freemason and was a member of the Middlesex Yeomasonry Lodge.

He served on Hayes Town Council as a Conservative councillor, representing the South Ward from January 1943 until April 1946. In 1946 he was appointed Chairman of the Conservative Party’s Southall Division and became its President in 1947. He also served as inaugural President of the Conservative Party’s Hayes End Ward from 1948.

Upon his death in 1952 he left instructions that his estate be used to form a Charitable Trust and the proceeds be used for the benefit of the inhabitants of Hayes and Harlington.